Pages

Sunday, April 11, 2010

Ginnie's back yard

I've been sick ( really sick)  and tired of being at home. I decided to go to Ginnie's, my daughter, home and enjoy the beautiful day in her back yard.  I set up and didn't know what I wanted to paint. Ginnie has a beautiful fish pond complete with waterfall and I had thought I would give  shot at painting that area. But I turned around and saw the Chimneya. I remembered a beautiful evening I shared with my daughter and some very special friends ( Marie and Crystal) sitting around the fire of the chimneya . So that was my "target" for my plein air painting. I did this on a 9 x 12 canvas panel and it is now hanging, framed in Ginnie's living room.  Ginnie happily expressed her approval of the little painting and I was touched to see she enjoyed my little creation.

Ginnie has been blessed, as my mother's family has been, to have a giant green thumb. Her yard is beautiful, interesting, and inviting.

Thanks Ginnie for letting me hang out and spend the afternoon with you. I LOVE YOU, Mom

6 comments:

Blondheim Art and Stories said...

What a lovely day you had with your daughter, producing this charming painting. You do fine work Diana, filled with emotion and joy.
Love,
Linda

Anonymous said...

Diana, thank you for sharing your artwork. You are amazing! I love the chiminea painting as we have one similar to your painting on our patio. Keep on painting lady! Sam Ward

Florida Artist said...

Thank you so much Linda. I'm just painting and know I have no idea what I am doing Plein Air. There are so many rules...One thing I know is that I LOVE PAINTING and no matter how it comes out I had fun.

Thanks for checking out my little painting.

See you Next Week in Evinston!
hugs
Diana

Florida Artist said...

Hi Sam,

Amazing well I'm not sure about that. Well, amazing might be that I won't give up painting Plein Air. I am amazingly stubborn, I have along way to go and may never get "there" but boy do I have fun trying!
hugs
Diana

Terri said...

Diana I love the chiminea painting. I love all your paintings.

And memories share with your daughter. priceless <3

I hope you are feeling better.

TFrohning

Amy said...

Diana, you've been doing lots of great work. I'm glad you were able to get out of the house because I know how that can feel. tc Diana